Accelerated MPA/MPP program
The Accelerated MPA/MPP program offers high-achieving undergraduate students in the Public Service and Public Policy BS program to get a head start on a Master of Public Administration (MPA) or Master of Public Policy (MPP). Eligible students apply for admission to the MPA/MPP program while still an undergraduate and complete up to 12 credits of graduate-level classes, which will count toward the graduation requirements of both the BS and future MPA/MPP.
- 3.4 or higher cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Completion of PAF 301 with a B or higher.
- Students must first qualify for the Accelerated MPA/MPP program by expressing their interest via email to the Graduate Academic Advisor, Mark Reed, at email@example.com
- After qualifying, complete an official ASU Graduate application. Application fee is $70 domestic, $90 international. Please review the MPA/MPP Admissions web page.
- Applicants to the Accelerated MPA/MPP program are not required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Apply by July 1 to begin taking graduate courses the following fall semester.
- Apply by December 1 to begin taking graduate classes the following spring semester
- Once accepted into the accelerated MPA/MPP program by the School of Public Affairs, students will be given further instructions for enrollment into graduate classes.
- Admission to the accelerated program does not require completion of the baccalaureate degree, but full admission to the MPA/MPP program does require completion of the BS degree.
- Students are considered undergraduates until all BS requirements have been satisfied and the degree has been posted to a student's transcript.
- A student will be dismissed from the accelerated program if the student does not maintain satisfactory academic progress before earning the BS degree.
- At any time, a student may choose to withdraw from the accelerated program and return to the regular BS program. Withdrawal from the program will not prevent the student from applying to the regular MPA/MPP program in future semesters.
- Students are in an undergraduate student status until all BS requirements have been satisfied, at which time the MPA/MPP degree program will be activated.
Questions? Email the Graduate Academic Advisor, Mark Reed - firstname.lastname@example.org