Fall 2021 Admits: APPLY HERE BY COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION. Deadline to apply is March 7, 2021. Applications will be reviewed, interviews conducted, and the final candidate chosen by April 5, 2021.
A Sackton Fellow is a high-achieving, full-time MPA or MPP student who will serve as a Graduate Student Assistant (GSA) for up to two years while pursuing their degree. GSA’s work approximately 20 hours/week and provide instructional support to faculty teaching undergraduate-level courses in the School of Public Affairs. Duties include taking attendance, grading, assisting students outside of class, answering student emails and questions, assisting with online course maintenance, moderating online discussion boards, and related tasks. Applicants must be full-time students (9 or more credit hours per semester) and have no other employment. This opportunity is a 2-year commitment, renewable every semester at the discretion of the School of Public Affairs, based on a high level of work performance and academic achievement in the fellow’s degree program.
- Annual Tuition & Health Insurance Waiver $14,000
- Stipend: $7,500 per semester X 2 $15,000
- Employment is for fall and spring semesters only
- New fall admit
- Qualify for AZ resident tuition rate (nonresidents/out-of-state and international students are not eligible)
- Full-time student (9 or more credit hours per semester, fall and spring)
- 3.5 or higher cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction
- Reliability and Integrity
- Strong desire for a career in the public sector