Activate Human Capital Conference
The Arizona Supreme Court is proposing the reduction or elimination of money bail for defendants who are awaiting trial, saying the practice unfairly punishes the poor. A risk assessment for a court appearance would replace the money-bail practice.
Join us as a panel of experts discusses the pros and cons of the proposal, as well as its potential impact.
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
111 E. Taylor St.
ASU Downtown Campus
- Scott Bales, Arizona Supreme Court Chief Justice
- Bill Montgomery, Maricopa County Attorney
- Amy Kalman, Phoenix defense attorney and president of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Mark Napier, Pima County Sheriff
- Rick DeBruhl, Chief Communications Officer, State Bar of Arizona
Parking: Pay lots are available at North Central Avenue/East Filmore Stree, just north of the ASU Cronkite School of Journalism building. There also are street parking meters around the ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus.
A Morrison Institute Roundtable Discussion