Master of Public Administration
Listed as one of the best MPA programs by U.S. News and World Report, the School of Public Affairs at ASU is ranked 16th overall in the country. The school is also ranked:
Rankings of master’s programs are based on a survey of 266 programs nationwide.
The mission of the ASU MPA program is to prepare a new generation of
public service professionals that can successfully address problems of
democratic governance in public administration at the local, state and
national levels. We expect our graduates to serve the public through
their work in neighborhoods and communities, in urban regions,
nationally and globally. We expect them to be capable of rigorous
problem analysis, successful collaboration leading to comprehensive
solutions, clear communication of those solutions, and the ethical and
effective management of public institutions.
The MPA program at Arizona State University has successfully met the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) Standards for Professional Master’s Degree Programs in Public Affairs, Policy and Administration.
The NASPAA Standards are the quality benchmark used by
graduate public service programs around the world. NASPAA’s
accreditation process is mission-based and driven by public service
values. Accredited programs must contribute to the knowledge, research,
and practice of public service, establish observable goals and outcomes,
and use information about their performance to guide program
improvement. They must practice truth in advertising and ensure their
students achieve learning objectives in five domains essential to public
Why an MPA from ASU?
An MPA from the ASU School of Public Affairs offers:
- A nationally-ranked, high-quality professional degree program for those aspiring to leadership and management positions in the public sector.
- Internationally renowned faculty whose research is on the cutting edge of public management innovation and urban governance.
- Expert faculty practitioners who hold top-level executive positions across the Phoenix metropolitan region.
- Course work that is paced to fit your schedule and designed to provide real-world skills necessary to advance your career.
- A community of fellow students from diverse educational and professional backgrounds from around the globe.
- A network of proud alumni throughout the US and the world.
For more information
Please stop by our offices located on the 4th floor of the University Center at the Downtown Phoenix campus, call us at 602-496-0450, send us an e-mail, or request that more information be sent to you.